Friday, March 14, 2008

Tagalong

Apparently we brought home a little something extra from our trip to California, i.e. a nasty flu virus. So far I've been the only one that has gotten sick around here, although I hear Nikki's family is sick and Richelle got the strep throat her kids had. Rob has started coughing, so I hope he doesn't get it, at least if he does it will be over the weekend so we are both home. Jake is fine, he's just a bit annoyed that he hasn't been able to have friends over this week.

I actually started getting sick on Monday, as I felt really tired, but thought it was just a hang over from the busy week last week. By Tuesday morning I had a cough, and by Tuesday afternoon I had made a doctor's appointment, and confirmed that it was just a virus and I would have to suffer it out. Tuesday night I had the cough, high fever, chills, sore throat, headache, and I felt like I had been hit by a truck. By Thursday I was sick enough that I was getting that weird delirium that you get when you've had a high fever for a few days, all I know is that I kept waking up concerned that I didn't have everything ready for Hannah Montana's next trip that I was suppose to arrange, and getting up to start packing and then realizing um I don't even know Hannah Montana, the scary thing was that I woke up, and started walking around to pack 3 times before I just got out of bed at 4:00 a.m. and turned on the T.V. because I was freaking myself out.

Luckily today is Friday and I'm feeling a bit better, fever is hovering around 100, so down quite a bit although still not gone (I don't remember the last time I was sick enough that I had a fever for more than 24 hours), but I've been home from work almost all week again, nothing like taking a weeks vacation and then being sick the next week to give yourself a little break.

While I've been home begging Rob to just shoot me and put me out of my misery, Rob and Jake have been busy getting back to their routine after our week off. Jake started swimming lessons again on Monday, and he's signed up for classes until May, he was looking really good in the pools at our hotels during out trip. In fact one of the mom's at the hotel pool complimented him for being such a good swimmer for only being 5, so I guess we are getting our money's worth. We also got him signed up for gymnastics here in Kayville instead of in Bountiful. He's a pretty busy kid all told, today (Friday) he had pre-school from 9:00-11:30, then went to play with his friend Milo from 11:45-1:45, then he and Rob are going over to the school for Kindergarten registration (I can't believe my baby is going to Kindergarten in a few month) from 2:00-4:00 and then Jake has swimming from 5:00-6:00. I haven't seen the little guy all day. Rob had a dentist appointment this morning and ended up having to have a root canal, so neither of us are feeling 100% today, but considering dental stuff isn't contagious, the poor guy is still stuck running Jake to all his activities.

I guess that is about all for the Cranes this week, hopefully I will be feeling better and be more coherent next week.

5 comments:

Taylor Family said...

We had the same thing. Not so fun. Clint and I have been hanging out on the couch most of the week. I feel like a terrible Mom because i have been handing Cade treats left and right so he will be quiet.

Jennie said...

Oh shoot you guys. I hope you feel better.

Circe said...

I hope you feel better! If not, send Jake over here. If we didn't get this thing in CA, we must be immune.

Michelle said...

Yeah, I definitely spoke too soon, Rob and Jake both got a fever Friday night. We've all just spend the weekend sitting around staring at each other and watching movies. I'm feeling quite a bit better now though, Rob and Jake are still pretty sick.

Don't feel like a bad mom Nik, I'm even worse, I was kind of glad Jake got sick too because then we didn't have to figure out how to entertain him while we felt crappy. He was perfectly content to just lay on the couch with me.

Taylor Family said...

That is so funny because Clint and I kept saying I wish Cade had this because then he would just sit here and watch movies. I guess all of us think the the same way when we are sick.