According to Jake this morning, as the first thing he said was “three more sleepies” which anyone in our house (and anyone that’s talked to Jake recently) means only 3 more nights until we head to Disneyland. We’re both pretty excited, I’ve been obsessively checking the weather for the last 2 weeks (there is a site with long range forcasts of 15 days out), and it looks like snow (including a winter storm warning in Southern Utah) through Wednesday, but a break on Thursday and Friday so we should be good, then a similar pattern to this week for next week, snow on the weekends into Monday and Tuesday, and then clearing up Wednesday and Thursday, so we should be good on our way back as well. Plus Anaheim looks really nice for our three days at Disneyland, Saturday should be 64 degrees, Sunday 66, and Monday 67, with a few showers predicted, but overall great weather, hopefully it stays that way, nothing unexpected.
We had a fairly low key weekend, Friday was our office Christmas party which was pretty low key this year, as we cut back a lot of spending to respond to economic concerns, but we had a nice lunch at Market Street Grill, in Cottonwood, and then let out for an early day. Circe called me right as we were finishing up lunch to say Jake was going to a birthday party with Ari, and wouldn’t be done until 4:30, so I took the opportunity to pick up a few things that I had shipped to Walmart (love the on-line shopping with site to store shipping which is free, so I can shop on-line then just run in the store and pick everything up). I also picked up a portable DVD player for Jake for Christmas, I have been debating whether to that or a portable gaming system, but he’s just not that into games at this point, so I figured we would go the movie direction.
I’ve been trying to ignore the fact that I’m getting a cold all week, but by Saturday morning I was feeling pretty yucky, so I decided to wrap Jake’s new DVD player (it was his gift from me, I planned to give it to him before the trip) and we had our “family” gift exchange (Jake gave me my new Ipod Nano for Christmas, he has very good taste in gifts for a 5 year old ) Saturday morning. Jake was really excited about his new DVD player which bought me all day Saturday and Sunday to rest, and nurse my cold, hoping I’m feeling well by the time we leave Thursday (the worst of most colds unless you get a bad cough is over in a week, I just hope Jake doesn’t get it). It snowed all day Saturday anyway, and I like snow when I don’t have to go anywhere. We made some cinnamon rolls, and soup, and hung around the house. Saturday night we had a PJ movie party in bed, I popped some pop corn (yes we ate popcorn in bed, you just change the sheets ), and got all our Harry Potter DVD’s, and we crawled into bed to have a movie marathon, Jake told me that was the most fun he had ever had. Movies on an 8 inchs screen in bed, the most fun he’s ever had? Glad he’s easy to please, now why am I going to Disneyland?
Sunday we got up early and bundled up and went out to shovel the walks, I wanted to get that done while the snow was still light and not so heavy. We spent about an hour shoveling, which I really don’t mind, I really hate to do yard work, but I don’t mind shoveling snow, if you take it slow (and stop for a few snowball fights) it’s kind of fun. Then in for hot chocolate, and warm cinnamon rolls. We stayed home from church as I still didn’t feel to well, and we spend the rest of the day relaxing, watching some Christmas shows (the new “Miser Brother’s Christmas” was just not the same as the old Rankin Bass shows, the Santa was horribly designed, but the story was fun), and we even got around to cleaning out Jake’s room, and getting rid of some toys, so there is room for Santa to come visit us.
This week will be busy, getting ready to go, and making sure everything is set for Christmas, as there won’t be any time to do anything when we get back. We’re having Rob over for Christmas dinner, on Christmas Day (Santa is going to visit us at Grandma & Grandpa’s) so I need to figure out what I’m going to cook for that, I’m thinking seafood, some hot appetizers (Target had a nice selection of hot appetizers that you can just take from freezer to oven), and dessert. This is probably my last post until after Christmas, so I hope everyone had a good one!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Michelle, I hope you're feeling better. Have a great time on your trip. Drive safe. Have Jake eat a tigger tale for my boys. They would be so jealous if they knew where he was going. See you when you get back!
I can't believe it's only 3 more sleepies! :) We're going to miss you. We'll be excited to see you Christmas eve, then again after our trip at Jakey's party!
Have fun on your trip we will keep you in our prayers that it doesn't snow until you get back. I hope you guys have a great time!!!
By now you are probably on the road. I have been worried about you in all this snow! I hope it doesn't last long and that you have a wonderful time! We'll see you in a half a dozen sleepies!
Post a Comment