I'm already not doing very well at trying to write an entry every day, it seems the weekends go so fast that they get away from me before I have a few minutes to sit down and write.
We did have a nice weekend though busy. Saturday mornings are taken up with soccer for Jake, which seems to be (from what I can tell) what a good share of people in Utah are doing Saturday morning. We didn't drive by one park that wasn't being utilized for soccer games. This is Jake's first year playing at 4, and he is on a team with 3 of his cousins, Chase, Freestone, and Collin, and another little boy named Chance. Uncle Jeff is the team coach, and is doing a great job, although it looks like the boys haven't quite inherited a soccer gene. Jake was quite pleased with himself having made 2 goals this Saturday. Next week we will work on direction as both goals were made on his own goal for the other team.
After soccer, we headed to Ogden to get Rob some new glasses for his birthday. He's had his old glasses for quite awhile, and unfortunately we've entered into the "practical" years as far as gift giving, so he's been looking forward to some new glasses. After getting glasses, we went to lunch (Asian Buffet, Jake's second favorite restaurtant after Red Robin), and then headed home. We passed a local salon that was running a special for walk-ins, with $12 haircuts, so I impulsively decided to get my haircut. I ended up having about 6 inches taken off, which still left it to my shoulder but seems really short. I like it so far although my hair is much curlier when I don't have the length to weigh it down. After my haircut we headed to see a movie (Fantastic Four 2), which we all enjoyed, and then back home to get some work done. Rob did some work on the section of the fence that blew down in the last storm, and I got busy getting the bread made for the week. I try to make a couple of loaves of whole wheat bread every weekend, as the whole grain bread is healthier for Jake, and homemade is even better as I control the ingredients (I add molasses for the extra iron). I also baked a batch of cookies for Sunday (I try to bring treats for my Sunday School class each week), while Jake and his friend Shyanna helped me.
Sunday morning is my "sleep in" day, so I got to sleep until almost 9:00. I then threw together a big batch of chicken corn chowder so we had something ready for the beginning of the week, and then we headed to church. After church we went to Jenny and Jeremy's new house for a BBQ, and to celebrate Rob, Jeff, Tanner, and Ricky's birthdays. Jer and Jen have a perfect backyard for a BBQ, it is huge so the kids have plenty of room to play, and the adults can just sit and enjoy the evening. We had a great time, Rob got a nice watch from mom and dad, a nice sweater from Jer & Jen, a shirt from Nikki & Clint, and some cash that will be used to finish up the fence a couple weeks earlier than originally planned. Next Sunday is his actual birthday so hopefully he has his glasses by then, and we can have a nice relaxing day.
We have a pretty busy week planned, Jake had pre-school this morning, and then Circe is going to pick him up so he can go play with Freestone. Then tonight we are going to go see a production of "Annie" starring Lexi, Golda and Ruby, for family night, which should be lots of fun. We know they have been working very hard, and we hear that it is very good.
That's it for the Cranes for today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment