That is the question.
O.K. it's not the question, there are a lot of better questions, like "why does it always rain when you wash your car?" or "what exactly is the deal with Mormons (I know LDS already), and jello?".
But it is a question I've been asking myself for awhile now.
See I love the whole blog thing, well I love that other people keep blogs, because I love to read them. I've always loved to read journals and diaries. As far as I was concerned Samuel Pepys day as school was much more interesting than Moby Dick day (o.k. most days were more interesting than Moby Dick day, and that day lasted about 2 months anyway). I remember being 12 and hiding in the library to read a copy of Go Ask Alice, because, well it was pretty naughty, and it was suppose to be the true confessions of some poor anonymous diarist, who let's face it had some serious issues.
So I have been quite delighted with the reading part of the entire "blog" phenomenon, I can wander all over the internet and pry into the personal lives of people I don't even know. Doesn't get much better than that. People share some really interesting stuff on their blogs (people share a lot of uninteresting stuff was well), stuff that shocks me, and um, I don't even know these people. Imagine what their friends and family think...
Which is why I've never started a blog myself, because I'm not 100% sure how to straddle that line between completely shocking people, and being really uninteresting. I've never really straddled that line well. Let's be honest, if it came right down to it, I would rather be shocking than uninteresting, but I don't really want to be either. I want to be interesting enough that people's (assuming there are some people) eyes twinkle when I run into them at the mall with the secret "I read your blog last week, you go girl" look, but not so shocking that my friends and family not longer let their children play with my son. He would be really sad. Seriously, how would you explain to a 4 year old that he has no friends, because mom got all out of control with her blog? Yeah, that's totally not so good.
So anyway, I'm going to give this a go, I'm going to be not only a blog reader, but a blog writer.
Welcome to my world, such as it is, I will be around to explain more later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment