Back to work after a pretty adventurous weekend at least for the only female in the Crane house. Saturday started out all nice and normal, we had the usual cousin soccer game. Well o.k. it wasn’t totally usual, we still got our rears handed to us, but the “soccer” concept seems to have finally kicked in for Jake, and he actually made a real goal this week, instead of getting bored halfway down the field and stopping he actually kicked the ball all the way down and into the goal. He was pretty excited and we tried to reinforce how much fun that was and to do it again next week. We also had the whole family (or almost) at the game, Mom & Dad had Nikki and Clint’s kids (they were in Vegas), and Neeley stayed as Scott and Circe’s so Jer and Jen and the girls stayed to watch the game. Maybe Jake just wanted to impress the additional audience with his soccer skilz.
After the game we headed to Home Depot to pick out paint as we are ready to move into the main house part of our painting home improvement project. I stood around for about 40 minutes trying to make the final decisions around the two color palettes I liked, and we finally decided on Crème Brule (fancy name for brown with orange undertones, more of a dark butterscotch color), and Beige (well it is some fancy name for beige but it’s beige), with a green (Zen Mist is I believe the name of the color) accent. During the great palette decision 2008, Rob bought a new ladder, and all the painting supplies, while Jake picked out a “real” sponge so he can play Spongebob in the tub (I think he was a bit disappointed that the “real” sponge didn’t actually do anything). After paint shopping we went to Mimi’s for lunch, and on my way home my tooth started hurting but then the pain in the tooth went away pretty quickly, and when we got home Circe called to see if Jake wanted to play, which of course he did. When I got home from dropping Jake off, I started feeling a bit under the weather but thought it might be from the smell of the texturizing stuff Rob was spraying all over (that stuff reeks). By Saturday night I thought I was getting the flu, I was aching all over my muscles hurt, and I was getting a bit of a cough, and the tooth was starting to ache again. Sunday I stayed home from church, just thinking I had picked up another virus or something, but by Sunday night, the pain in my tooth became really bad. I finally went over to Instacare about 8:00 Sunday night, where they gave me a few Lortab, and an antibiotic, and said to get into the dentist ASAP as I clearly had an infection (weird how a toothache can feel like the flu and make your whole body ache). Why do dental things happened on Sunday night? It’s not like there is a dental ER where you can go, plus because it's a dental emergency insurance won't cover the visit, so everything is out of pocket (can't wait for the bill). Even with that the doctor said that they get a lot of people with the same problem because even paying out of pocket for temporary treatment it's a third the cost of an emergency dental appointment on the weekend (I wouldn't even know who to call to get a dental appointment on a Sunday night).
Anyway, the Lortab didn’t touch the pain in my tooth at all, so I sat up most of the night with a bad toothache, and got up early Monday to see if I could get an appointment. I don't have a dentist in Kaysville yet (did I mention I'm extremely phobic of the dentist?) I called Chris Morgan (Dr. Morgan) and pulled the "hey remember me I'm Jeremy's sister" card, and he fit me in at 2:00. Turns out I needed a root canal, but Chris didn't feel comfortable doing it with the number of canals involved, so they called an endodontist, who said if I got there by 3:00 they could take me. As is my usual dental karma (did I mention that I really hate the dentist), I got there by 10 minutes to 3:00 and then sat there for an hour and a half before they could do anything. I was literally sobbing from pain by the time I got in the chair, the doctor must have thought I was a bit of a basket case (hey did I mention I really hate the dentist) yet I've never been so happy to see a big old needle full of novocaine in my life. I'm going back to see Dr. Morgan next week and then the endodontist to finish the root canal, and caps, and all that good stuff. It is bit weird to have your little brother's friend as your dentist (by the way Jer if you read this remind me I have some good new Chris wanted me to tell you if he doesn't talk to you first), but as I don't have one here in Kaysville yet, I think I will just continue with the Morgans (I guess I could have gone to Kyle). It was better than option 2 which was calling Clark Finlinson, and doing the "hi remember when I used to babysit you", or option 3 calling Dan Jensen (he kind of bugged me in High School). Rob thought it was pretty amusing I actually knew so many of the dentists around here.
So my tooth is very sore, but MUCH better than it had been. Painting and root canals are quite enough excitment for me for one week, so I was more than happy to spend the night watching American Idol. I know I SHOULD be cheering for David Archuletta, but I'm really digging David Cook, I really like his style it's the kind of music I really like, I would actually be fine with anyone winning this year, I really like all these final 5, I think Brooke is sweet but a bit over her head at this point (she would be great doing a Nora Jones kind of thing), and I think Jason should actually get a staring role on Sesame Street (can't you just see him chilling out with Grover), but they are all good.
So in the spirit of Neil Diamond on American Idol, I will end with some Neil lyrics "Stones would play inside her head, and where she slept they made her bed, and she would ache for love and yet get stones" (I used to love that song, I guess I still do, but I get better lovin' now).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I hope Jake has fun with his Sponge. So cute! I'm sorry about your tooth and I hope it gets feeling better. Teeth are the worst. If you are looking for a great office, you'll have to try Dr. Packer in Farmington. We have gone their for years and love it. Let us know if you need anything! We love the office, the people, the high tech equipment, etc... it is all around good.
How's the tooth by now? I hope it's all better. Everything changes when you're in pain.
I think tooth pain is the worst kind of pain you can have. It can only be compared to brest infections that completly took me out. I hate dentist too. Especialyy after working for one. I know what they are doing inside of your mouth and it makes it even more scary.
The Dentist! I LOVE the dentist. No really, I am not joking. I know this sounds absurd but I really do enjoy going to the dentist. I love the whole thing. I have to say that I really have had nothing but a normal appointment. I think I have only had one tooth filling EVER so this may account for my love of the dentist!
I am sorry you had such a bad go. Hopefully your new color pallet will cheer you up! Hope you are feeling better!
Post a Comment