Thursday, April 24, 2008

It's Raining It's Pouring...

I generally don’t mind a good spring rain, April showers/May flowers and all that jazz, but looking out my window here at work, it looks like it’s actually turning to snow, which I do mind, quite a bit. Plus today was going to be a zoo trip for Jakey with Circe and Nikki, and he was standing at the window “wishing really hard” that it would stop so they could still go when I left this morning. Poor little guy, I still remember that sinking feeling as a kid when the weather would come along and change the plans for something you were looking forward to. I did the “rain, rain go away, come again some other day, little Jakey wants to play” thing, which he didn’t find amusing at all. He can be quite dramatic lately, he was upset about something last night, and told me “I don’t know why Jesus has to make a world like this where all my dreams don’t come true”. I’m pretty sure I wasn’t suppose to laugh at that, and it’s a pretty big realization for a 5 years old, but I think overstating the case just a bit (he was upset that his favorite shirt wasn’t clean, which is pretty hard because his “favorite” shirt changes about every 5 minutes).

We’ve have another busy week, I can’t believe it’s Thursday already it seems I just sat down and wrote a quick entry, and it’s already been over a week. We spent last Thursday-Saturday at mom and dad’s with grandma while they went up to Idaho. Jake had a soccer game Saturday (they lost even though the other team only had 2 of their players show up), and we kept Freestone for the day, and went to a movie, and then the boys spent the day playing at grandma and grandpa’s and wearing themselves out on the trampoline. Jake was out like a light within 5 minutes of coming home. Actually both Jake and Rob were in bed Saturday night by 7:30, we are REAL party animals at the Crane house. I realized about 9:00 that I had left all my make-up at mom’s and couldn’t even scrounge up enough stuff to “make due” for Sunday, so mom nicely met me in the parking lot of Walgreen’s off the freeway to give me my make-up so I didn’t have to go all the way back.

Sunday was a really nice “day of rest” we really didn’t do much of anything, I didn’t even cook anything, just ate what we had in the house.

Monday and Tuesday we had our IT folks from corporate in for meetings, we have these meetings every year, but with all the projects going on, I was involved in quite a few of the meeting, so had some long meeting days both days, which made for some long days in general. As I said last week it’s just been very busy at work, so I’m always on the go, tired and not the best company in the evening when I get home.

Rob has started all the Spring/Summer home improvement projects we want to do, we’re going to build a deck in the back instead of the patio we originally planned. A deck should look a lot nicer, and we figured while we are putting the work in we might as well have something we will really enjoy for years. So he started designing and putting together the early framing for the deck. He also got all the wallpaper (well all the glue basically) off the kitchen walls, and we’re going to pick out colors, and he’s going to start painting this week, and we also hope to get the flooring for the dining room/kitchen going soon. So Rob is going to be super busy the next few months with all of that going on.

I guess that is about all this week for the Crane’s hope everyone is doing well!!!

3 comments:

Circe said...

I knew at 2:30 am that the zoo was a bust, when the thunder woke Xanthe up shouting, "Monster!" BTW, Freestone asked me why we don't ever go to Jakey's movie theatre. I told him it's because the Kays. has good popcorn, but really it's because we're too cheap. So it's good he has you to tag along with. Thanks! Free love his day with the Cranes.

Jennie said...

I totally love Jake's Jesus and life comment. Wouldn't it be nice if things always worked out the way we wanted them. Sometimes this "opposition in all things" stuff really bites. :) The zoo will happen.... oh yes, it will happen. The question is when. When will spring actually decide to stay.

Jenny said...

Send Rob over to our house when he is done. We have a few projects he could tackle! We too were sad there was no Zoo! This weather makes me long for Vegas, hot summers and all!