Friday, February 15, 2008

Be Mine

It’s Friday afternoon, luckily not a lot going on today (which has been a big switch, I’ve been incredibly busy at work the last couple of weeks), so I figured instead of organizing my email, which is in bad need of organization I have over 300 messages in my inbox that need to be filed, I would write a quick entry.

Another week has passed for the Cranes, and it’s been a nice one.

We were at mom and dad’s until Saturday last week, came home Sunday and went to church, and then mom and dad were stopping by Sunday afternoon, so we invited them over to dinner. I decided to quickly decorate things and have an impromptu Valentine’s dinner. I already has stuff ready to make Orange Rosemary Pork for us, so I decided to do a Rosemary and Citrus theme for dinner, and we had the pork, smashed potatoes (which is what I call them when I’m too lazy to peel the potatoes) with cheese & rosemary, bread, lemon butter broccoli, and I did the orange marmalade cake I mentioned a couple weeks ago. I did substitute an orange pudding cake, and I liked it a lot better. We had a nice dinner, and a nice visit with mom, dad, and grandma.

Monday was back to the weekly grind, and the Valentine’s Bandit (Grandma and Grandpa) stopped by to ring the doorbell and leave us some early Valentine’s as they were going out of town.

We headed back up to mom and dad’s on Tuesday for the rest of the week so they could attend the conference that dad had to organize in Wendover, so we’ve been at their house a lot the last few weeks. Jake likes it, he seems to think it’s a vacation when we go stay at their house. Tuesday night we sat down and did Valentines for his party at pre-school. Jake would only sign the Valentine’s cards for the boys because he was not about to sign anything for girls!!! So mommy signed the cards for the girls. He did insist that I go buy some chocolate for the girls though, he told me you are suppose to give girls chocolates and jewelry for Valentine’s Day. He also let me know that he and daddy had been sure to get me something for Valentine’s Day, and I was really going to like it because it played music. Then he remembered he wasn’t suppose to tell me anything.

Wednesday Jake had his Valentine’s party and school, and we had a big storm come in right in time for driving home from work. Ended up being a big mess, and it took me almost 3 hours to get home. I didn’t want to do much but eat some dinner and chill once I got home, which is exactly what we did.

Thursday morning, Valentine’s Day, Rob came and woke me up with a nice bag. It had a cute Valentine that Jake had made for us at school, a picture Jake colored, a card that played Barry White, and a new watch & Carrie Underwood CD. I was going to do the ring the doorbell thing, but Jake was excited, so I gave him and Rob their Valentine’s stuff. Rob got a 2 pound block of cheese, and some sausages, which sounds pretty lame until you realize that Rob is a cheese connoisseur, and his favorite cheeses are pretty pricey so he only gets it on special occasions. Jake got a fantastic 4 action figure, and the High School Musical II CD he’s been wanting for awhile. Apparently he shut himself in the room downstairs, and worked on his choreography to HSM all day. He told me last night that the best songs are What Time is It, I Don’t Dance, and Bet on It, but it was o.k. if I like Fabulous more than Bet on It. He reminds me of myself, hanging out in my room pretending I was performing was one of my favorite activities as a kid. Nikki had a little Valentine’s Party at her house in the afternoon for the kids that weren’t in school. She did a really cute count down thing for Disneyland, so that the kids can get a little toy or treat everyday until it’s time for the trip. Jake couldn’t wait to show me, and wore his “almost time for Disneyland” wristband (if a boy wear something on his wrist it's a "wristband not a bracelet" as he explained to me) to pre-school this morning. I’ve been telling Jake since December that we had Christmas, his birthday, Valentine’s Day, and then it was time for Disneyland (he’s really excited for the trip) so it’s a good thing Nikki thought of that, because otherwise, I think he thought he was leaving for the Valentine’s Party to go to Disneyland. I also talked to mom, and she said the conference was going really well, and that Scott did a great job with his presentation that dad asked him to do.

Mom and dad should be home sometime today, so I’m not sure if they will be back before I get off work or not, but we don’t have any big plans for the weekend. The house should be clean as we haven’t been there all week, so we will probably just hang out all weekend.

O.K., my time is up, so I guess I’ll post this, and get to work.

4 comments:

Taylor Family said...

I hope Jake had fun at the party. We can't wait until disney land. Cade found Jake's toy when we were cleaning and he set it by the door and said, "mom this is Jakes toy I can't play with it." Let Jake know we took good care of it all night.

Jenny said...

I love your new updates on your blog site! You are really official now - links and all!

Jennie said...

Yummmm Orange Cake. If only we weren't on our new "life style" diet we would be down at Mom and Dad's house tomorrow scavenging for left over Michelle treats. You are a great mom and wife!

Jenny said...

I NEED MORE ORANGE BROWNIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!