I don’t know about anyone else, but by the middle of February, I’m always pretty over winter, I’m not sure how the shortest month of the year (even with an extra leap year day) manages to feel like the longest month each year. It doesn’t seem to matter what Mr. Groundhog sees, I’m just not a February fan.
We are though seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, this is the first week of the year so far, that I haven’t had a single bad snow commute, so that is good news; and our spring trip to California is only 8 “sleepies” (Jake’s measurement of time) away.
This should be a pretty short post, because I’m pretty sure the most interesting thing the Cranes have done all week has been watch American Idol. We’re big fans, because well, we’re big dorks, but we haven’t missed a season so far, and Jake thinks it’s pretty entertaining. This year we're digging on the Utah guy David Archuleta, he's pretty endearing, and well he's about 1000x better than Carmen Rasmussen. We're also liking Brooke White, and I called her as LDS her first audition (the "I'm a nanny" and "I've never seen an R rated movie" conversations were dead give-a-ways). I also think the Austrialian guy is pretty cool.
I had to work President’s Day, but Rob and Jake had a fun day, Freestone came over, and the boys all went to see Spiderwick (I think that’s what it’s called) Chronicles, which Jake really like, I hope it wasn’t too scary for Free (I’ve read reviews that some kids found it too scary). Other than the little holiday on Monday, it’s been a pretty routine week, I really can’t think of one other thing to post about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm with you! This winter is grueling, especially having had Vegas winters the last two years. I'm ready to move back! I can't wait for that nice California weather next week!
Too scary? Freestone thrives on "too scary!" He had a great time at the movie. Thanks, Rob! Our lives revolve around American Idol, too. It's such fun familoy entertainment. I find myself getting really harsh as a teacher, though. I have to be careful not to channel Simon Cowell at ballet...don't want to make anyone cry!
Post a Comment