Thursday, July 17, 2008

Where Do You Start?

I really don't know, maybe at some future date I will have better perspective, and a less broken heart, now, well not so much.

So in my usual style I will go with song lyrics:

Where do you start?
How do you seperate the present from the past?
How do you deal with all the things you thought would last,
that didn't last?
With bits of memories scattered here and there
I look around and don't know where to start.

Which books are yours?
Which tapes and dreams belong to you, and which are mine?
Our lives are tangled like the branches of a vine
That intertwined
So many habits that we'll have to break
And yesterdays we'll have to take apart.

One day there'll be a song or something in the air again
To catch me by surprise and you'll be there again
A moments in
What might have been.

Where do you start?
Do you allow yourself a little time to cry?
Or do you close your eyes and kiss it all goodbye?
I guess you try.
And though I don't know where or don't know when I'll find myself in love again
I know that there will always be, a little place no one can see
A tiny part deep in my heart, that's will always love you.

Jake always says to me "if I had I Genie, I would wish...", if I had a Genie I know what I would wish, but I don't, so I have just have to say goodbye, the way we humans do, with papers and lawyers, and give you over to God Rob, it's the only kind of Genie I know about.

4 comments:

Jennie said...

Oh Michelle! My heart is aching for you and Jake. I wish so badly that we as a family could take this hurt, pain, and burden from you. Although we can't, we will be here for you in every way possible. We support you in your decisions! We love you both so much. Thank you for sharing some of your thoughts with all of us. We know how hard this is and will be for you. Love you!

Circe said...

That was heartbreaking to read. The lyrics and your words said so much in so few lines. I wish you could go back in time and not have to live through any of this. My heart is broken for what has been lost, what has been sacrificed and what can never be undone. I truly wish you did have a genie. What you do have is love, prayers and support to hold you up, no matter what. We love you. Our phones are by our side all night long.

Taylor Family said...

We love you and Jake so much. If you need anything please call. I know the next couple of months is going to be very hard so we will keep you in our prayers. I think we will all keep Rob in our prayers too. We all will hold a special spot in our hearts for him and pray that he can make the changes in his life that he needs to.

Jenny said...

Michelle, you are so loved. We pray for you and Jake and Rob too every day. I pray that you will have the strength you need to carry on. Please remember that we are here for you and I am always willing to share Jeremy with you if you need a friend to get out with, like to Sam's club or something! ;) I wouldn't mind doing some retail therapy with you too!

We love you all!