Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Being Bummed is Boring (and also apparently alliterative)

So anyone tired of talking about divorce and all the fun things that go along with it?

ME TOO!!!

Really I again want to thank everyone for their love and support, I’m not sure what I would do without it, heck most of the time I’m not sure what I’m doing and I do have the love, support and help. I’m still pretty much where I was last week, i.e. how I feel changes every 10 minutes, but I think that will probably last for a long time, and is only really interesting to blog about once, although I can’t promise not to bend your ear off about it if you talk to me in person. I also can’t promise not to cry at any given moment, so just a warning there as well.

Jakey and I are settling into a pretty good routine, Jake still loves hanging with his cousins everyday, and I’m still adjusting to the fact that even after being at work all day, some days Jake isn’t quite done playing and isn’t quite ready to go home when I get there to get him. I was kind of used to him being a little more happy to see me, but that just means he's getting excellent, loving care, and I'm so thankful for that. We go home, have dinner (well I have dinner, Jake is still choosing not to eat too often, unless you count Otter Pops, I make Mac & Cheese almost everynight, he eats it maybe twice a week), then we watch an episode of “iCarly” & “Drake and Josh”, which are our favorite shows I DVR everyday (except Wednesday when we watch “So You Think You Can Dance", but that’s almost over), and yes, I just publicly admitted that I like both “iCarly” and “Drake and Josh”. I have no idea why, but I find them both rather entertaining. By the end of the shows Jake is generally ready to go to sleep, and I pretend to clean the house (I do try to throw in a load of wash at least), or o.k. I hang out on the couch and pretend to watch a show although honestly I have no idea what I’m watching. I’m assuming the ability to concentrate after work (it’s pretty much all I can do to concentrate at work) will come back soon.

We had a good weekend with the family up at the cabin last weekend so that was definitely nice. Circe took all the kids up with her, and Scott and I followed a bit later after we finished working. The kids all had fun roasting marshmallows (I think Jake ate about 7 marshmallows, which I guess means he now likes marshmallows as he didn’t a couple months ago). Poor Jakey ended up getting sick Friday night, so he wasn’t quite his perky self Saturday, in fact by Saturday night at the parade he didn’t even want to get off my lap to pick up candy from the parade. I had to laugh a bit as he got a mosquito bite that swelled up his eye (that he got from me), he had a fever, and it was 96 degrees outside and we’re dragging him walking through Preston convincing him how much “fun” he was having. Really though we did have a good time, I wasn’t too sure if we wanted to make the Preston parade a tradition, but I think we may give it another go next year.

Sunday, Jake still didn’t feel very well, and he spent most of the day sleeping, while I again pretended to clean the house (does doing laundry and then piling it in the guest room instead of folding it and putting it away count as “cleaning house”?). I think I will have to have a serious house cleaning day this weekend, it’s pretty easy to keep things picked up during the week, but I haven’t exactly been coming home and cleaning the toilet one night a week, so I need to get on some things.

So I guess basically other than life as I know it being completely turned on it’s head, not much is going on.

2 comments:

Circe said...

I hope Jake is feeling better! We missed him today. Sometimes a boy just needs his mom, huh? It only took Freestone until 9:00 this morning to ask if he could have Jake over. Like he hasn't seen him lately!

Jenny said...

I absolutely consider cleaning laundry as cleaning house. And yes, as long as it is clean, it doesn't matter where it piles up! But maybe I'm not the best person to ask because you have seen my laundry dilemmas.