This is probably going to be a really long post, so if you plan to read I suggest getting something to eat, at the very least something to drink, I don't want any deaths on my blog.
Let's see where did I leave off, I think I was preparing for a busy week coming up, and I think we are actually now where we left off.
Friday October 10, I had my usual early Friday, we didn't do "cousin Friday" because there were about a million things to do, and we were all going to see each other all night anyway. I left work, picked up a few things at Walmart, met Circe so Scott and the kids would have their passes, picked up birthday presents, and went home and made a salad. Then it was time to celebrate October birthdays at Lagoon. It was Frightmares time, very cold but lots of fun, the highlight for Jake was of course the singing Monsters, although he was pretty impressed with the singing werewolves, probably because let's face it, it was kind of CATS only with chain saws. Happy Birthday to Mom, Scott, Circe, Jenny, and Jennie!!!
Saturday we had the first accumulation of snow for the year, and Jake was up at the crack of dawn wanting his snow clothes to go play. It took us about 45 minutes to gather all the snow stuff from where we had stored it last year, 10 minutes to get dressed, and he played outside for exactly 7 minutes before he wanted to come in for hot chocolate and marshmellows. I would have taken MUCH less time to just skip straight to the hot chocolate!!! It was also Jackson's baptism, and we are so happy for him, and proud of him, he did awesome! Jake and I have been talking about baptism and what it means, which is actually a pretty tough concept for a 5 year old, mostly because they haven't really conceptualized much symbolism, and take things pretty literally. He told me on the way to the church for lunch after the baptism that "even after he is baptized and clean, Freestone will probably do mean things to me". I have no doubt Jake gives as good as he gets, but I love those moments of peering into his head. After the baptism Jen and Ryan hosted a nice lunch at their church. Then we went home in time to have a quick nap, before we went and saw our Stake presentation of "Jesus, Savior of the World". It was very nice, I hadn't seen it before and we have some really talented people in our stake.
Sunday they announced a major change in our Stake, that instead of 5 wards there were only going to be 4 wards in the stake, and the ward that no longer exists was our ward. A bit shocking to say the least, our ward was divided amongst the other wards in the stake, and everone in the ward was released from all their callings. Jake and I are now in the Gailey Park Ward, which is all the Season's subdivision, as well as the homes directly South East of us and the park. Jake is going to be sad that Milo is no longer in our ward, but I'm hoping this change will have some more kids in our ward, our old ward had a small Primary. I was kind of upset at first, we have some great friends in our old ward, and I will really miss the bishop, who has been great, but after thinking it over this might be a blessing in diguise (aren't most things?) as we will get a fresh start, and will have a lot of new people in our ward, people that don't know our little family as anything different than what it is now.
Monday morning we were up at the crack before dawn (not my best time of day) so that I could catch my flight to Washington. Jake was very impressed by all the other people that were up "before it was light" and counted over 60 cars on our way to Scott and Circe's. Jake was excited to have 2 sleepovers on school nights, and a huge thanks to Circes for being willing to have an extra kid in the days leading up to their trip to San Fransisco. I timed it almost exactly right in getting to the airport, and only had to wait about 5 minutes to board the plane. Uneventful but very long flight into Dulles, and then we picked up the car, went out to dinner, and then went to our rooms to get ready for the next day.
Tuesday as if loosing 2 hours anyway wasn't bad enough the clock at the hotel was an hour fast, so I was up at 6:00 ET, instead of 7:00 (which is 4:00 a.m. MT). We went into the office at 9:00 except I was down in the lobby waiting (I don't ususally wear a watch maybe I should start) at 8:00, when I finally realized I was an hour off, I went and grabbed a $7.00 bowl of oatmeal, and went back to my room and read the paper. Then off to corporate headquarters, where I just met with a lot of people I work with everyday, but rarely get to see, which is actuall pretty nice, a couple people I hadn't even met before. We attended the meeting we had gone for that afternoon, at the new Marriott in the area, went to dinner, and then back to the hotel, where I was out by 9:00, probably because I was up at 4:00 a.m. (or at least my body thought that was the time I was up).
Wednesday we spent the day at corporate again, then went to lunch and headed to the airport for our flight out. Another uneventful flight, but I was already homesick, and missed Jake so much it was almost physically painful. It's a good thing my job doesn't require much travel, I really am not good at being away from Jake, I guess I would get used to it if I had to, but I'm glad I'm blessed with a job where I don't have to travel often. I'm extremely selfish about not missing a minute more of Jake's childhood than I have to!!!
Thursday, was just mommy and Jakey day so I could make up for lost time, we had a PJ day, we didn't get dressed all day and just hung out watching movies (Ironman, Monster's, Inc., and a bunch of episodes of Goosebumps I recorded while we were gone), and eating Mac & Cheese, Nutty Putty (one of Jake's favorites), and banana cake. I also finally finished reading Breaking Dawn which I've been working on for almost a month. It was o.k., I kind of moved out of my interest in vampires and shape shifters/werewolves before I got to this book, but it's not like I could just not find out what happened.
Friday we have gone full circle, we stayed up late last night hanging out, so we both slept until 9:00 this morning (did I mention how awesome it is that my 5 year old will sleep in?), then we got up, had breakfast, and then Jake went to play with the neighborhood kids, and I did a bit of cleaning (the refrigerator mainly, I was apparently trying to create my own life forms, it's been awhile) of stuff I don't normally get to. It's now 5:30, and we are full circle, and heading back to Lagoon, to make sure we milk those season passes for every moment of fun.
That's the week for Michelle and Jake, hope everyone is having a great week, hopefully I will have time to catch up on reading blogs tomorrow.
Let's see where did I leave off, I think I was preparing for a busy week coming up, and I think we are actually now where we left off.
Friday October 10, I had my usual early Friday, we didn't do "cousin Friday" because there were about a million things to do, and we were all going to see each other all night anyway. I left work, picked up a few things at Walmart, met Circe so Scott and the kids would have their passes, picked up birthday presents, and went home and made a salad. Then it was time to celebrate October birthdays at Lagoon. It was Frightmares time, very cold but lots of fun, the highlight for Jake was of course the singing Monsters, although he was pretty impressed with the singing werewolves, probably because let's face it, it was kind of CATS only with chain saws. Happy Birthday to Mom, Scott, Circe, Jenny, and Jennie!!!
Saturday we had the first accumulation of snow for the year, and Jake was up at the crack of dawn wanting his snow clothes to go play. It took us about 45 minutes to gather all the snow stuff from where we had stored it last year, 10 minutes to get dressed, and he played outside for exactly 7 minutes before he wanted to come in for hot chocolate and marshmellows. I would have taken MUCH less time to just skip straight to the hot chocolate!!! It was also Jackson's baptism, and we are so happy for him, and proud of him, he did awesome! Jake and I have been talking about baptism and what it means, which is actually a pretty tough concept for a 5 year old, mostly because they haven't really conceptualized much symbolism, and take things pretty literally. He told me on the way to the church for lunch after the baptism that "even after he is baptized and clean, Freestone will probably do mean things to me". I have no doubt Jake gives as good as he gets, but I love those moments of peering into his head. After the baptism Jen and Ryan hosted a nice lunch at their church. Then we went home in time to have a quick nap, before we went and saw our Stake presentation of "Jesus, Savior of the World". It was very nice, I hadn't seen it before and we have some really talented people in our stake.
Sunday they announced a major change in our Stake, that instead of 5 wards there were only going to be 4 wards in the stake, and the ward that no longer exists was our ward. A bit shocking to say the least, our ward was divided amongst the other wards in the stake, and everone in the ward was released from all their callings. Jake and I are now in the Gailey Park Ward, which is all the Season's subdivision, as well as the homes directly South East of us and the park. Jake is going to be sad that Milo is no longer in our ward, but I'm hoping this change will have some more kids in our ward, our old ward had a small Primary. I was kind of upset at first, we have some great friends in our old ward, and I will really miss the bishop, who has been great, but after thinking it over this might be a blessing in diguise (aren't most things?) as we will get a fresh start, and will have a lot of new people in our ward, people that don't know our little family as anything different than what it is now.
Monday morning we were up at the crack before dawn (not my best time of day) so that I could catch my flight to Washington. Jake was very impressed by all the other people that were up "before it was light" and counted over 60 cars on our way to Scott and Circe's. Jake was excited to have 2 sleepovers on school nights, and a huge thanks to Circes for being willing to have an extra kid in the days leading up to their trip to San Fransisco. I timed it almost exactly right in getting to the airport, and only had to wait about 5 minutes to board the plane. Uneventful but very long flight into Dulles, and then we picked up the car, went out to dinner, and then went to our rooms to get ready for the next day.
Tuesday as if loosing 2 hours anyway wasn't bad enough the clock at the hotel was an hour fast, so I was up at 6:00 ET, instead of 7:00 (which is 4:00 a.m. MT). We went into the office at 9:00 except I was down in the lobby waiting (I don't ususally wear a watch maybe I should start) at 8:00, when I finally realized I was an hour off, I went and grabbed a $7.00 bowl of oatmeal, and went back to my room and read the paper. Then off to corporate headquarters, where I just met with a lot of people I work with everyday, but rarely get to see, which is actuall pretty nice, a couple people I hadn't even met before. We attended the meeting we had gone for that afternoon, at the new Marriott in the area, went to dinner, and then back to the hotel, where I was out by 9:00, probably because I was up at 4:00 a.m. (or at least my body thought that was the time I was up).
Wednesday we spent the day at corporate again, then went to lunch and headed to the airport for our flight out. Another uneventful flight, but I was already homesick, and missed Jake so much it was almost physically painful. It's a good thing my job doesn't require much travel, I really am not good at being away from Jake, I guess I would get used to it if I had to, but I'm glad I'm blessed with a job where I don't have to travel often. I'm extremely selfish about not missing a minute more of Jake's childhood than I have to!!!
Thursday, was just mommy and Jakey day so I could make up for lost time, we had a PJ day, we didn't get dressed all day and just hung out watching movies (Ironman, Monster's, Inc., and a bunch of episodes of Goosebumps I recorded while we were gone), and eating Mac & Cheese, Nutty Putty (one of Jake's favorites), and banana cake. I also finally finished reading Breaking Dawn which I've been working on for almost a month. It was o.k., I kind of moved out of my interest in vampires and shape shifters/werewolves before I got to this book, but it's not like I could just not find out what happened.
Friday we have gone full circle, we stayed up late last night hanging out, so we both slept until 9:00 this morning (did I mention how awesome it is that my 5 year old will sleep in?), then we got up, had breakfast, and then Jake went to play with the neighborhood kids, and I did a bit of cleaning (the refrigerator mainly, I was apparently trying to create my own life forms, it's been awhile) of stuff I don't normally get to. It's now 5:30, and we are full circle, and heading back to Lagoon, to make sure we milk those season passes for every moment of fun.
That's the week for Michelle and Jake, hope everyone is having a great week, hopefully I will have time to catch up on reading blogs tomorrow.
2 comments:
Michelle, your ward changes are interesting. I am sure there were mixed emotions. I think your outlook is a good one. Fresh starts are always nice. I hope you guys had fun at Lagoon. Only 7 more months until we get to go again. My kids can hardly wait.
Glad you made it home safe! Oh, and Jammie days are among my favorite days, especially when there is fresh snow outside and I really have nothing else to do.
Post a Comment