Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Settled In!

Looks like we are all settled into our next life adventure, which is doing a multifamily living arrangment. First of course I want to deeply thank Scott and Circe for being willing to open their home and share in this kind of adventure, as I know it's something that can be very difficult for everyone, and knowing that we have family that is willing to be there for us at this time makes all the difference. They have created a beautiful and comfortable space for us to feel at home, and we do, and I know every single person in the family has made sacrifices to allow us to do this. I know going from having your own room to sharing with a younger sibling isn't what the three older girls (Golda, Ruby, and Ari) quite had in mind, but their willingness to do so, with kindness and cheerfulness means a lot to us, and shows what amazing young women you not only are becoming, but already are.

I admit I wasn't exactly sure what to expect, and was a bit nervous as to how this would all work, I've done the living alone thing quite a bit, but it's been awhile since I lived with a large family, over 20 years to be exact, and I wasn't sure if we would be the tipping point when large gets too large (I've watched "19 Kids and Counting" and apparently once you reach the tipping point, you suddenly think really bad bangs look good, and frankly I'm not sure which of us would tip, but either Circe or I with that hair style would be tragic). So far thought it seems to be like riding a bike once you've been part of a large family, you just kind of get back on and ride. I loved growing up in a larger family, the noise, activity and excitement feel like "home", and so far I'm not as boring to other kids as I've become to Jake, I have a new audience to play hidden pictures, Memory, and they don't keep saying "yeah I know, you've already told me that story", 5 times a day. Plua there are people that will actually eat what I like to cook, which is pretty awesome, not to mention I haven't ever really been able to adjust to cooking for less than 8, so when I'm done making something I don't have to stand for long periods of time thinking "what am I going to do with all of that?".

Jake is in heaven, Mr. Social is finding there are lots of people to play with here, without any work on his part at all, although I still don't think he quites gets that we will be here for a few months. If we come home later than normal he complains the whole way that "now I will miss playing with Freestone", I keep reminding him that his opportunities to play with Freestone are extremely abundant at this point, they might in fact actually get tired of playing together all the time and want some alone time sometimes. He and Freestone were working on developing their own language this week, which will makes things fun (Free will be trilingual), I suggested that they can call the language Frake, as that sounds more official than Jastone as far as linguistics go, and Cropp or Doane don't sound that cool.

In addition working together requires that Scott, Circe, and I meet every other week at Yogotogo to discuss how everything is going, and I figure anything that requires frozen yogurt has to be pretty good on some level.

Big thanks to everyone that helped us move Friday night late into the night! We love you all and your willingness to serve us, it's overwhelming sometimes to be part of a support system that really is the epitome of what "family" is. We really love and appreciate all of you!!!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

I'm so glad everything went well with the move. I know that is stressful, and not very much fun. A new language, huh? That sounds fun. I'm glad the boys aren't tired of each other yet. Love you guys! We'll be over at some point to check out your new digs.

Circe said...

What?? You moved?? Ha ha. I am loving having you and Jake here. Thank you for being such a great mom to my kids. They might not want to ever let you go! I agree on the Yogo Togo thing. The lengths we will go to for an excuse to go there!