Monday, May 2, 2011

A Top 10- Blogging Letterman Style

Top 10 ways to know your short trendy new summer doo may not have turned out the way you intended:

10- When you touched the back of your head it felt like petting Star
9- You plan to invest in a lot of new scarves and are going to ask mom to crochet you a head band like the ones she gave the grandaughters for Christmas.
8- For one of the first times you are relieved you don't have a job, because you couldn't go to work and would have to quit.
8- You think spiking it and dying it bright pink and just going with "I've always wanted a punk look" might be your best bet.
7- You are pretty sure Ryan snuck in when she was cutting the back and gave her the same instructions he gave Paul that one infamous summer for Jeff's hair.
6- You are either ready to do Doris Day in pillow talk, or if you put in some product you are a shoe in Danny in "Grease".
5- Scott is laughing while saying "no it's not that bad".
4- You are thinking that the Professor Quill from Harry Potter look is a pretty good one, in fact Lord Voldemort moving into the back of you head would better explain why one would have a haircut like this.
3- At least you can cut you shampoo budget by 90%.
2- You just tried to go blonder and bleached you hair too much, and that is still not as bad as the cut.

And the number one way you know you didn't get you ideal summer cut:

1- On the way home from the salon Jake says "Mom, I keep picturing you with Jackson's face because you both look exactly the same from the back" (which is a really cute cut on Jackson, but not so much what I was going for).

So if you see me in the next month and actually recognize me (Jackson is the shorter one) remember to say something nice, or at least wait until I'm not looking to take a picture to send to all your friends.

5 comments:

Jennie said...

I'm so sorry it didn't turn out like you had hoped. Lexie says she wants to experiment with it and then take pictures. She is doing that with Ari. She needs to fill a 10 hour YW project and a term project for Utah Studies. How about it? Can Lexie get her hands on you... aaa... I mean, your hair. :)

Circe said...

I think it's going to be fun and cute! I say any change is a good change. Go for pink!!

Circe said...

I think it's going to be fun and cute! I say any change is a good change. Go for pink!!

Taylor Family said...

I can't wait to see it. I haven't ever seen you with short hair. I am sure it looks great.

Ryan said...

I am always up for giving and requesting a buzz cut! I am excited to see it. We missed you and Jake at baseball last night!