Monday, February 28, 2011

What's a Date?

I don't date, but I do answer questions so here is goes:

1- Name three countries you want to visit- Italy, Russia, and South Africa, I'm all about food, history, and literature, and those are three places you can really hit big on all three.

2- Which celebrity annoys you the most- Sarah Palin, Paris Hilton is annoying but no one actually thinks she would make a good president, or has anything important to add to general discourse on our future. Would that were true for Sarah..

3- How would you spend $10,000,000- See #1, then go back to school, and get a good PHd in genetics, and start my own research facility, with hopefully some of the best minds in the world. Jake can either research right along with me or head of the foundation, whichever he prefers. :)

4- If you could try an occupation for a year what would it be? Tour with a good broadway show, I don't have to be a star, but I would love to tour, or a least spend a year doing a show,

5- On a scale of 1 to 10 how cool are you? Not really cool, I prefer to push the boundaries, be on the cutting edge, and get there and move on BEFORE it's cool. :) That is what I would prefer, not what I am, but cool isn't my goal, I just iike what I like cool or not.

6- If you could rewind you past, what would you want to relive? My childhood, it was really great, this time around I would just enjoy and appreciate how good it was much more than I did, instead of spending my time looking at and waiting for the next milestone,

7- If you could take lessons to become an expert on anything what would it be? Diplomacy/conflict managment, imagine how it would feel to really be able to bring people that are polar opposites together. Forget the Nobel Peace Prize, just the ability to sit people down and forge effective alliances that get stuff done, instead of get stuck in their own way of thinking, and never get out of it.

8- How would you spend you perfect day alone? Um with someone, I get all kinds of time alone, I've already perfected that, I'm tired of being alone. I want to spend a day, with good food, and stimulating conversation with some of the most fasinating people in the world, many of whom I already know. Take us to a place with no worries, and just let the ideas flow.

9- What is the most honest thing you have ever done? Live by what I believe even though it is not what everyone around me believes, or what they want me to believe. Respecting the beliefs of others while following my own instead of giving in to the pressure to change, is the most honest I can get, and have to get. Trying to do that with the least possible hurt to those you love but believe different is an honest tightrope that is constantly shifting. Being honest to who you are when lots of people you care about think you are wrong, isn't easy, but you can't be honest with other people while betraying yourself,

10- How would you like people to describe you at your funeral? Kind, compassionate, understanding, nurturing, and loving. A person that loved well and often and accepted people for who they are, warts and all.
A person that didn't let the jerks on the world (or the nice people that sometimes act like jerks) take away her basic faith in the goodness of humanity. Someone that lived what they believed, and allowed and love others for doing the same. A person that could laugh at anything, no matter how hard, and enjoyed life as much as they could. And a person that will be missed for her humor, and for her damn good desserts. :)

11- Hollywood called, in a movie of your life who would play you? Um Johnny Depp? Because a movie of my life would need someone hot to look at, to make up for the fact that it wouldn't be that interesting. And well I would prefer to look at Johnny Depp and meet him at the premiere, so a win-win for all.

12- Name something you like that no one seems to like, or something others like that you don't- Something I like that others don't- experimental art, I find that which I don't understand immediately to be the most interesting and challenging, although I have no intents to hang it in my home. Something a lot of people like that I dont- The tea party movement,

13- Whatis the one item you know you should but will never get rid of? I'm pretty sentimental, I keep a lot of things that others would have gotten rid of a long time ago. I can't think of a good reason why I "should" have gotten rid of it though, so I guess nothing. I'm not one of those people that thinks getting rid of stuff is always the best course of action.

14- What is something positive you don't say often enough? For all my agoraphobic tendancies, I really do like people, I see so many little examples everyday of how much people are truly trying to do "good" and I hate all the area of my brain that is occupied by the bad stuff. I don't express enough how blessed I am to live a life that isn't really by the horror that can exist in the world.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Loved reading all your answers. I think questions like these are so interesting. It is fun to see how different or similar people answer. Funny enough... Ryan and I only differed on a few. :)