Drood- Fiction about the last years of Charles Dickens life, told from the POV of author Wilkie Collins. I have no idea how much is based on fact, but fasinating look at the late Victorian period.
Game of Thrones- So I'm late to this one, I'm not generally a fanstasy fan but this is so well written, and like reading the best historical fiction, with a bit of magic thrown in to make it interesting. Great read, hopefully the rest of the series is as good.
Escape, The Lost Boy, Loss of Innocence- All books on the FLDS under Warren Jeffs, heartbreaking and scary, with a lot of layers to think about, from the importance of women's rights, how people fight for power, the dangers of giving one person too much power, parenting, etc. My favorite was "Loss of Innocence" but all were interesting, and it's definitey stimulated a lot of thought.
No comments:
Post a Comment