Written January 10, 2008:
Yep, today was my 39th birthday, holy cow that is old!!!
I had to actually go back to work, good snow day yesterday, but would have been even better had the sick/snow day fallen on my birthday. And yes, indeed I do feel smarter already, heck I have to be smart, I don’t even have enough fingers and toes to count how old I am, I have to think about really big numbers.
Rob and Jake gave me the birthday presents Jake had picked out first thing before I went to work. Rob said Jake absolutely insisted that he pick out everything mommy would like for her birthday, because he knows what I like while they were at Bath and Body Works. This explains why I got, Rice Flower & Shea Butter Shower Gel (huh, I had no idea there even was a rice flower), 2 things of conditioner (but no shampoo), some lovely oils to sent the house (although I still need to buy a warmer to put them in), and Juniper Breeze body spray. I love it all, and Jake was so proud of himself that he knows all the special stuff that mommy likes. Thanks guys for the great present!!! It made me smile all day, as I smelled like a Juniper Tree (which wasn’t a direction I had considered before) with the spray Jake helped me put on.
I also really enjoyed the card that Jake helped daddy find and print from the computer. Jake picked out the one with the ‘most beautiful lady on it”, and she is quite lovely. You know the lady silhouettes tacky truck drives have on their mud flaps? She looks like that, only surrounded by day-glo colors. Kind of what a 39 year old mom would describe as “a really scary looking go-go dancer in silhouette, but what a 5 year old would describe as “really beautiful like you mom”. I guess it’s another one of those lessons in the theory of relativity. When I asked him if he thought I looked like that “beautiful lady” he said, “pretty much except your belly is a lot fatter”; nothing in the world like the flattery of a 5 year old.
I got into the office to find a lovely gift from Lori (my boss and friend) of a new purse, and some nice cosmetics. I have been looking for a new purse little purse, in fact I told Rob I wanted one for my birthday, but picking out a purse I would like was a bit on the risky side for him. I know I’m not the typical woman, because I only like really small purses. For years I carried a small 5 inch black bag (five inches tall about 6 inches wide), then moved “up” to a small brown backpack, and now I really wanted something small again. There is logic here, as I tend to be a pack rat, and I find the best way for me to stay organized, is to just not allow myself to carry something where I can cram in a lot of stuff. If I carry only a really small bag, I can only put the stuff I really need in there, and I have what I need, without loosing stuff. Lori (she’s very good at this kind of stuff) managed to find the perfect Michelle purse. It’s a cute Prada bag (who doesn’t like a cute Prada bag?) that fits my wallet (another lovely gift from Lori), my cell phone, check-book, keys, small bottle of lotion, and a tube of lipstick/lip gloss exactly perfectly. What more can a girl possibly need? While Rob was a bit sad last night to see my small brown leather backpack that I’ve been using for the last 9 years (so ever since he’s known me) go, I’m really excited about the new purse (which I will probably be carrying for the next 10 years).
I hurried home from work, and got Rob and Jake and we met mom and dad at Mimi’s CafĂ© (my favorite) for dinner. Jake was super excited because at Mimi’s if you eat all your dinner (and they have his two favorites chicken fingers, and Mac & Cheese), they give you worms and dirt (gummy worms and crushed cookies on pudding) for dessert. Mom and Dad gave me a couple cute sweaters and new P.J.’s (I liked the sweat suit, but I kind of missed my P.J.’s for Christmas). I couldn’t wait to get home and get into my new P.J’s, which I’m now sitting in all warm and snug, reading blogs, and writing an entry. Rob is watching M*A*S*H, and Jake is asleep on the couch.
Considering that I now plan to stay 39 forever, this was a fabulous first 39th birthday. I’m a very lucky girl, sitting here in new jammies, I’m 39 and I have everthing in the world I’ve ever wanted, and everything I need: a wonderful husband, a sweet little boy, a good job, the perfect purse, a great family, a lovely home (with a bright peach room), and a wonderful new year ahead of me. Plus, I’m smarter already.
Really what more could a girl possibly want?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Happy birthday again to the luckiest 39-year-old in the world! I loved your snow day blog, too. Have you been to Royal India in Bountiful? If not, you have to go. They have this peshwari naan with cashews and sugar that is addictive. Scott and I will go with you any time. We love it. Maybe we could take the "boys" and invite anyone else who wants to go.
Michelle,
I missed it! I am so glad you posted it was your birthday or I really would have missed it! I don't have my better half here to remind me!
I am glad to hear you had such a wonderful day. I really love the gifts you got. There is nothing like a man who knows just what you want. You are lucky enough to have two!
Happy Belated Birthday!
We need to come and see your room! I bet it looks great. I am glad you had a good birthday and more importantly, I'm glad you have everything your heart desires. You deserve it!
Happy Birthday again. We all love you and can't wait to celebrate your birthday next Sunday.
Post a Comment